Board One: Where do you live?
Attendees were asked to place a pin on the map indicating the location of their home. Age-specific data was not collected for this question; one pin represents a household, not necessarily an individual.
Board Two: How did you get here today?
Board Two: Do you have a trail preference based on your use?
Attendees were invited to choose one response
Board Three: What park features would you most use?
Attendees were asked to select three features
In the "other" category: 1 adult and 1 senior indicated that they would like a dog park; 4 adults would enjoy a pickleball court; 1 young adult enjoys trails for cross-country skiing; and 1 adult would like a drinking water fountain.
Board Four: What should The Town sponsor to improve the park?
Attendees were invited to choose two items.
In the "other" category: four children, 1 young adult, 4 adults, and 1 senior would like to see a splash pad; 2 children and 3 adults would enjoy a skate park; 1 child and 3 adults would like a pump track; 2 adults and 1 senior indicated that they would like concerts; 1 young adult and 1 adult asked for a water fountain; and 1 senior would like a shaded area with a paved surface.
Board Five: What type of playground equipment do you prefer?
Attendees were asked to choose two types of playground equipment.
In the "other" category: 2 children and 1 adult prefer a skate park; 3 adults like swings; 2 adults like a dog park alongside the playground; 1 adult indicated that a fully accessible playground for all abilities would be preferred; 1 adult likes to see smaller (shooter) ball hoops for little kids; and 1 adult prefers monkey bars and jumping off areas.
Board Six: What free activities would you like to see at the park?
Attendees were invited to select three activities that they would enjoy.
In the "other" category: 4 children and 4 adults would enjoy a water park; 5 adults and one senior would like a dog park; 3 adults would like a skate park; 2 adults would enjoy concerts; 1 child and 1 adult would like to participate in a gymnastics class; 1 adult and 1 senior would like to see a bike trail/track; 1 senior would like toys to be available.
Remember when? What are your favorite memories of Stark St. Park?
Attendees were asked to write down their memories of Stark Street Park. Age-specific data was not collected for this question.
- "Skating rink"
- "Mountain biking on trails"
- "Metal spinny thing"
- "Spent a lot of time here as a kid - close to home"
- "Rec center sponsored summer camps here with outdoor play, crafts, etc."
- "Taught my kids to ride bikes"
- "Kids (+ parents) played on awesome swings, etc."
- "Spider-shaped climbing structure"
- "My grandparents lived next to the park. Used to come play on a big, treacherous metal slide"
- "Grew up on Elm St. Came to playground every day with my siblings."
- "Thanksgiving football games with family & friends"
- "Ice skating - then granddaughter did it in college!"
- "Children playing on equipment and running on wide open grass field... THEN... grandson enjoying summer day camp activities with new friendships!"